Knitting Wonders


*Where are you from?
I am from Oley, Pa. A small farming community.

*How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
Wendy's Wonders came about through friends that thought I should have a bakers corner in a coffee shop. Although I love baking for others, my passion for knitting accessories over took the name. So, with the support of loved ones I was encouraged to start a shop.

*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
I have a few addictions when it comes to supplies. I love natural fibers, whether it is wool, mohair, angora, spun, dyed or un-dyed I love it all and get an itch to make something wonderful and warm. Can one person every have enough yarn? Never!



*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
When I am not knitting, I tend to find myself in the kitchen, baking and cooking for my family and friends. But on wonderfully sunny days I will be outside tinkering in the barn with this and that and enjoying the company of our kitty cats that call the barn home.

*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
My Favorite item in my shop, Hmm.. There are many, but I would have to say the Fingerless gloves that are made with Hand Painted wool.. This yarn is painted by a friend of mine and it is just gorgeous!

*What keeps you motivated?
Motivation is everywhere. Could be a new type of yarn, or a picture. My kids inspire me also, with there quick uncensored thoughts.


*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be?
Believe in your product and don't give up! Your mind set, will determine your success!

*Are there other places on the net we can find you?
I can be followed on Facebook. There you can be posted on new projects and patterns I am tinkering with.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendys-Wonders/209622959067959

6 comments:

DebBee said...

Lovely Lovely listings... what a beautiful feature!

katkero said...

You have a beautiful shop.

Allison's Creations Terms of Service & Ordering Process said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your work. Very nice. I will be stopping by after my vacation to purchase a nice warm hat.

Happy Holidays
Allison's Creations

Maya said...

Love the colours you use! Nice to get to know a little more about you! : )

Cwtchbugs said...

Lovely finding out more about a fellow team member. I know how you feel about yarn!!! I have boxes full of the stuff and can't pass a yarn shop without taking a look :)

JewelryByAmyT said...

Cwtchbugs - I agree with you completely. LOL

WendysWonders127 - you do beautiful work.