TAK Jewelry Designs


*Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I was born and have lived in Louisville, KY all my life. Married for 28 years to a wonderful man. We have 3 sons, 1 daughter, 5 grandchildren and 2 dogs. We own an automotive service in Brooks, KY and are there 5 days a week, 10 hrs. a day. We stay pretty busy.


*How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
I first named my shop TAK Unique Designs - the first 3 letters being my initials. I began creating jewelry about 11 years ago with my daughter - she got tired of it and I kept going. I've branched out some to doing magnets, keychains and cards. I love creating things! I changed my shop name to TAK Jewelry Designs about 4 months ago - how ironic - I changed it and now am creating more than just jewelry!


*What are 5 things you want people to think when they see your product?
1- quality,
2- fun,
3 - unique,
4 - creative
5 - customizable







*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
Well, it used to be gemstone beads - I have so many favorites I couldn't name them all! Now it's card stock, stamping blanks, scrapbooking supplies. 

*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I love to read and I enjoy walking my min pin every day.
*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
Right now, I'd say the cards I make. I really enjoy putting them together.


*What keeps you motivated?
To be honest, I buy supplies that I see and think I could use in a certain way. Then, I have to create something because I have these supplies:) Gemstone beads, findings, craft supplies - when I see some I like, I figure out a way to use them and do it.

*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be?
Don't give up when it seems you are not getting the views, sales, etc. you want. Promote, promote, promote!! Be active in the teams and always promote your fellow creators! We all win when we help each other!

*Are there other places on the net we can find you?
www.facebook.com/takuniquedesigns
www.twitter.com/hummingbirdtak
www.blogspot.com/takuniquejewelrydesigns
www.bonanza.com/booths/takuniquedesigns



Photobucket

8 comments:

Tak said...

Thanks so much for this feature! And for ALL you do for our team, Audrey!!

foxfragaria said...

Thank you! So interesting to read an interview with fellow beader! I acn relate to and agree to so many things....
Best of luck!

Susan K. said...

Wonderful feature and beautiful shop. Great advice, too.

Lou said...

Continued success !

Unknown said...

Nice post for TAK, her work is so lovely. Bought some earrings for my daughter in law, loved them so much, kept them...hahaha. Her cards are just beautiful. Congrats TAK!!!

Unknown said...

Love this shop and all the items I have ordered from her:)

Tatiana LadyBugCo said...

It is so interesting to compare my personal image abouT TAK with what she says about her :)
I also bought some labels from her and planning to get another set soon.
But most importantly, she has amazing personality and gives so much support to my own shop , and she even was my insparation for some cards :)

Tatiana LadyBugCo said...

Very interesting to compare my own image about TAK with this interview.... Actually, it doesn't differ much. TAK has amazing personality and have insipired me and supported on many occasions.
I have bought some labels from her and planning on getting another set soon :)
Absolutely love her shop and very interesting to see her new branching in cards :)