Wine Bottle Stoppers


*Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. I am currently living in Sugar Land, Texas which is just a few minutes outside of the Houston City Limits. I am a 25 year old who decided to go back to school. I have a Biology degree from the University of Houston, but I have decided to go to nursing school and will be starting at Texas Woman's University in just a few weeks!



*How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
My shop name is ZVineWine. I wanted something that rhymed with wine since we (my boyfriend and I) create handmade wine bottle stoppers. I was searching for words and came across vine and because my boyfriend's last name starts with a Z we decided to put that in front to become ZVineWine. I was interested in starting this business because I love to create and make things. I distress furniture and just thought I love doing it, but it takes too long to do. I wanted to do something that was neat, but time efficient.


*What are 5 things you want people to think when they see your product?
Five things I want people to think when they see this product are how some are unique, some are for women, some are for men, how they make great gifts, and it's a good quality gift.


*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
Some of the toppers we use can be addicting. When I see something that I can put on top of a wine stopper, I want to buy it. But you have to stop and think, will someone actually buy this? I cannot say there is a specific color. If it catches my eye, I tend to purchase it.


*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I work part time at a Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic in one of the hospital's. If I am not working, I like to work out, bake, try a new recipe for dinner, hang out with friends and family, and be on the water!

*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
The item in my shop that I enjoyed making the most is probably the wine decor letter made with wine corks. I feel like each time I make one, it's so different and unique due to the wine corks never being the same.


*What keeps you motivated?
I think my boyfriend and I both keep each other motivated. Sales can be slow sometimes, but then we just encourage each other to keep moving along and trying to promote and get our name out there. Also, thinking of new ideas keeps me motivated.


*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be?
One piece of advice is to not give up. If it is something you truly believe in, then pursue it. It will only come true if you are a believer.


*Are there other places on the net we can find you?
I am on twitter at twitter.com/#!/ZVineWine.
On facebook you can search ZVineWine to find my page.









Photobucket

11 comments:

Maya said...

Your wine stoppers are really fun! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself!

Tak said...

You have a great shop and so imaginative!! Many wishes for you to keep on growing and getting many sales!! Good luck with nursing school also!

Anonymous said...

I think you wine stoppers are unique...and you have a great attitude. I live in League City, not too far from you. Keep up the good work.

Pam

Unknown said...

Your wine stoppers are so beautiful and unique. Would luv to see some of the same designs in drawer knobs. Just a thought...So nice to meet you!

ageratum said...

It's good to get to know you ~ and your product! I woish yuou the best of luck on etsy and in your future nursing career. ;) Donna

Toppy Toppy said...

I agree with MoanasUniqueDesigns
These are beautiful and unique and would be wonderful knobs

Keeo the good work

Tatiana LadyBugCo said...

I discovered this shop few weeks ago through PCF team and marked it for gift shopping because these products look great :) but it is very nice to get to know this seller closer :)

StudioCKH said...

Wonderful products - I'll definitely keep in mind for gifts!

Sandra's Card Shop said...

Very creative stoppers. Always great to get to know what motivates the creative talent behind a shop :o)

watercolors said...

Love the shop name and the creative and interesting wine stoppers.

You sound very ambitious and wish you much success.

Story Stones Jewelry said...

You stoppers are SO unique! Great gift items.